[ANN] ngx_openresty devel version 184.108.40.206 released
agentzh at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 07:53:29 UTC 2013
I am delighted to announce the new development version of ngx_openresty,
Special thanks go to all our contributors and users for helping make this
Below is the complete change log for this release, as compared to the last
(stable) release, 220.127.116.11:
* upgraded the Nginx core to 1.2.6.
* see <http://nginx.org/en/CHANGES-1.2> for changes.
* upgraded LuaNginxModule to 0.7.13.
* bugfix: ngx.decode_args() might result in Lua string storage
corruption. thanks Xu Jian for the report and Kindy Lin for
* bugfix: using a key with underscores in ngx.header.KEY
resulted in Lua string storage corruption. thanks rkearsley
for reporting this issue.
* bugfix: accessing ngx.var.VARIABLE allocated temporary
memory buffers in the request memory pool, which could lead
to unnecessarily large memory footprint; now it allocates
such buffers via Lua GC.
* feature: automatically detect LuaJIT 2.0 on FreeBSD by
default. thanks rkearsley for the patch.
* docs: explained why "local foo = require "foo"" is required
for loading a Lua module. thanks rkearsley for asking.
* docs: fixed a typo in the code sample for
tcpsock:receiveuntil(). thanks Yecheng Fu for the patch.
* docs: fixed a typo in the Lua code sample for ngx.re.gmatch
(we forgot to add "do" there). thanks Guo Yin for reporting
* upgraded LuaRestyUploadLibrary to 0.06.
* optimize: use the pure lower-case form of the key
"content-type" to index the headers table returned by
ngx.req.get_headers() so as to avoid the overhead of calling
the "__index" metamethod.
* upgraded SrcacheNginxModule to 0.17.
* bugfix: srcache_store would emit the misleading error
message "srcache_store: skipped because response body
truncated: N > 0" for HEAD requests (because a HEAD
request's response never carries a body); now it just skips
such responses silently. thanks Yang Jin for reporting this
* bugfix: when relative paths were used in "--with-zlib=DIR",
"--with-libatomic=DIR", "--with-md5=DIR", and "--with-sha1=DIR",
the build system of Nginx could not find "DIR" at all. thanks
LazyZhu for reporting this issue.
The HTML version of the change log with lots of helpful hyper-links
can be browsed here:
OpenResty (aka. ngx_openresty) is a full-fledged web application server by
bundling the standard Nginx core, lots of 3rd-party Nginx modules and Lua
libraries, as well as most of their external dependencies. See OpenResty's
homepage for details:
We have been running extensive testing on our Amazon EC2 test cluster and
ensure that all the components (including the Nginx core) play well
together. The latest test report can always be found here:
Happy New Year!
More information about the nginx