AW: AW: Webserver crashes sometimes - don't know why
luky-37 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 9 20:24:07 UTC 2013
> Thanks for your help, but I don't really understand the part with "coredump"
> and "backtrace"...
1. Recompile nginx with CFLAGS="-g -O0" (for debugging symbols and without compiler optimization). You can just prepend it to your ./configure line.
./configure --with-debug --with-ipv6 --with-http_flv_module --with-http_mp4_module
CFLAGS="-g -O0" ./configure --with-debug --with-ipv6 --with-http_flv_module --with-http_mp4_module
2. compile nginx with "make" like you always do.
3. create a directory for the core files and make it readable from your workers. For example: mkdir /nginx-core-dumps/ && chmod a+w /nginx-core-dumps/
4. add this to your nginx configuration:
5. (install and) start nginx and wait until it crashes. It should have created the core-dump in /nginx-core-dumps/.
6. (install and) start gdb: gdb nginx /nginx-core-dumps/nginx.core
7. within gdb, run the commands "bt" and "backtrace full", followed by a "quit".
8. Post the gdb output on this mailing list, the developers will analyze it then.
I hope I didn't missed anything, but I think this should be it. Example at .
More information about the nginx