Interest in extending FastCGI / SCGI support to allow TLS encrypted connections to back end?

Peter Vereshagin peter at vereshagin.org
Sun Jan 20 15:10:20 UTC 2013

Hello.

2013/01/18 17:45:13 +0000 Some Developer <someukdeveloper at gmail.com> => To nginx at nginx.org :
SD> be unencrypted. Of course you can use something like stunnel (which
SD> someone on this list told me about helpfully a while ago) to encrypt the
SD> communications but that seems a bit messy. If Nginx supported TLS

*CGI interfaces look to be the previous century demand. HTTP(S) seems to be
the trend, even for the newly developed databases.

What's messy with your 'stunnel'? Why shouldn't you use the 'nginx' on the
backend side with https as an uplink protocol? The your 'fastcgi client' nginx
should use then the 'nginx on a backend side' as an https upstream.

SD> I can't be the only person who wants a 100% encrypted connection from
SD> the browser to Nginx to the FastCGI application to the database.

Are there any other web server(s) having this feature implemented then?

Thank you.

--
Peter Vereshagin <peter at vereshagin.org> (http://vereshagin.org) pgp: 1754B9C1