Nginx and Python

Silvio Siefke siefke_listen at web.de
Mon Jan 21 22:26:32 UTC 2013

Hello,

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 19:15:21 +0000
Jonathan Matthews <contact at jpluscplusm.com> wrote:

> It looks like uWSGI hasn't created it. Perhaps you didn't run it in a
> way such that it had permission to do so.
> I'm afraid I can't help you troubleshoot that program and, just FYI,
> this isn't the mailing list on which to do that.

No it will be created. There was something wrong in my reading. :)
When i not start uwsgi then the socket can not create.

Now i become the log:
2013/01/21 23:06:52 [crit] 7472#0: *5 connect() to
unix:///tmp/python.silviosiefke.de.sock failed (13: Permission denied)
while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.2.20,
server: python.silviosiefke.de, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1",
upstream: "uwsgi://unix:///tmp/python.silviosiefke.de.sock:",
host: "python.silviosiefke.de:92"

> If your code/container can listen on a socket, and you know what
> protocol it speaks, and can deterministically configure nginx to use
> that protocol, then there's no reason why you can't abstract the nginx
> config away from having per-app knowledge. I suggest that it's
> probably more bother than it's worth, unless you have very specific
> mass-hosting or NoOps requirements, however.

Mass hoster I'm not, I will not be. There are customers whose computers
and networks I care. Years ago, I once asked a hosting and now I host a
few more. But before I can offer my customers, I need to test self and
understand. I would not start with Apache again, Nginx has been a good
companion and should stay.

I try the way from nginx Wiki, maybe run it. When can i switch the clients
to extra server for python hosting.

Regards & Thank you
Silvio