Nginx flv stream gets too slow on 2000 concurrent connections

shahzaib shahzaib shahzaib.cb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:43:39 UTC 2013

Hello,

        We are using nginx to serve large size of static files i.e jpg,flv
and mp4 . Nginx stream works very well on 1000~1500 concurrent connections
but whenever connections exceeded to 2000~2200, stream gets too slow. We've
five content server with following specification:-

Dual Quard Core (8cores/16threads)
RAM = 32G
HDD = Sas Hard-Raid 10

My nginx.conf config is given below :

user  nginx;
worker_processes  16;
worker_rlimit_nofile 300000; #2 filehandlers for each connection;

#pid        logs/nginx.pid;

events {
    worker_connections  6000;
    use epoll;
}
http {
    include       mime.types;
    default_type  application/octet-stream;
    limit_rate 180k;
    client_body_buffer_size 128K;
    sendfile_max_chunk 128k;
    server_tokens off; #Conceals nginx version
    access_log off;
    sendfile        on;
    client_header_timeout  3m;
    client_body_timeout 3m;
    send_timeout     3m;
    keepalive_timeout  0;

If somebody can help me improving nginx config will be helpful to him. I
apologize for bad engish :D