Nginx flv stream gets too slow on 2000 concurrent connections

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 23 19:19:11 UTC 2013

The box doesn't seem to have problems with that kind of load, not even the IO side is struggling, I guess the 31GB of page cache is your life saver here.

I would check for recent events in dmesg output. Then I would analyze the network side. Like how much is you eth0 loaded (nload)? Perhaps you are simply saturating your Gbit/s pipe? what do you see with "ifconfig eth0"? Did you talk to the network operators if this kind of load can cause drops/packet loss?