nginx high load average

iLinux85 nginx-forum at
Wed Jan 30 17:43:46 UTC 2013

this is a shared server like any other shared sites support download and
upload files like movies and programs , stuff over 1 and 2 gigabyte for
download and upload , i am trying to adjust the connections in the server to
work good with nginx , and this is my vhost.conf

high connection mean alot of visitors established connection in my server

      4 TIME_WAIT
      9 SYN_RECV
      2 LISTEN
     40 LAST_ACK

and this is vhost.conf

   server {

  access_log off;

  error_log  logs/vhost-error_log warn;
  listen    80;

  # uncomment location below to make nginx serve static files instead of
  # NOTE this will cause issues with bandwidth accounting as files wont be
  root   /home3/s9/public_html;

  location / {
   proxy_send_timeout   90;
   proxy_read_timeout   90;

   proxy_buffer_size    4k;
   # you can increase proxy_buffers here to suppress "an upstream response
   #  is buffered to a temporary file" warning
   proxy_buffers     16 32k;
   proxy_busy_buffers_size 64k;
   proxy_temp_file_write_size 64k;

   proxy_connect_timeout 30s;

   proxy_set_header   Host   $host;
   proxy_set_header   X-Real-IP  $remote_addr;
   proxy_set_header   X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

            # track uploads in the 'proxied' zone
            # remember connections for 30s after they finished
            track_uploads proxied 30s;
        location ^~ /progress {
            # report uploads tracked in the 'proxied' zone
            report_uploads proxied;