nginx - php-fpm: access restrictions for some php pages

Francis Daly francis at
Thu Jan 31 11:38:04 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 06:22:35AM -0500, m.desantis wrote:

Hi there,

> I have a folder containing some PHP files served with php-fpm (fastcgi);
> inside tihs folder, I have a file which I want to be allowed for internal
> IPs and deny for external.

One request is handled in one location. for details of how the one location is chosen.

> How can I fix the configuration in order that /some/path/phpinfo.php gets
> interpreted and access restrictions are applied?

In your location that matches this request, put both your "access
control" and your "fastcgi handling" configuration.

Francis Daly        francis at