nginx - php-fpm: access restrictions for some php pages

Francis Daly francis at
Thu Jan 31 12:02:13 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 06:53:40AM -0500, m.desantis wrote:

> You mean like this?

Read the mail again.

> But now restriction rules are applied to all PHP files; instead I want to
> apply them just to some PHP files; should I use a nested location? something
> like this?

Your very first example was almost correct. You had

location = /some/path/phpinfo.php {

which you said was the one location which matched the request that you
cared about.

In *that* location, put all of the configuration that you want for
that request.

(It is probably only six lines, since you know exactly what filename you
want the fastcgi server to process.)

Francis Daly        francis at