Cannot totally switch off caching

imanenkov nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jul 2 06:08:52 UTC 2013

Maxim Dounin Wrote:
> On the other hand, 100-200 msec is way too long for nginx to
> return a cached response.
>
> If you assume the response is cached by nginx somehow, simpliest
> test is to switch off php-fpm and check if you are still able to
> request a resource.
Thanks for idea! I change a location path in template named "php" from
"location ~ \.php$" to "location ~ \.pZp$" (just for excluding *.php
processing), restart nginx, and server returned a just content (source) of
my index.php file. Then I revert location changes back to \.php, restart
nginx, make request, and server return fast response of correct page again
(0.01 sec with wget, and 60 msec with httperf).

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,240433,240474#msg-240474