Redirect www to no-www with variable (for multiple domains)?

lennart nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sun Jul 7 12:22:15 UTC 2013

Jonathan Matthews Wrote:
> On 7 Jul 2013 10:30, "lennart" <nginx-forum at nginx.us> wrote:
> >
> > According to http://wiki.nginx.org/Pitfalls#Server_Name this is the
> best
> > solution to redirect www to no-www for one domain:
> >
> > server {
> >   server_name www.domain.com;
> >   return 301 $scheme://domain.com$request_uri;
> > }
> > server {
> >   server_name domain.com;
> >   [...]
> > }
> >
> > Is there a way to do this with regex or variables? I've ~15 domains
> and it
> > would be more convenient to have only one entry "to rule them all"
> ;-)
>
> Absolutely there are ways to do this all in one go.  Have a try and
> let us
> know where you get stuck :-)
>
> Jonathan

As a newbie to NGINX (used 10yrs APACHE before) i don't know the exact route
on the wiki & forum ;-). I also not found a newbie-section ;-) But off
course, i shall post the solution.

Sajan tells about $host, i'll give it a try

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,240622,240625#msg-240625