$request_header_length and $request_body_length?

est nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jul 9 02:20:08 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am trying to diagnose a weird 408 error problem on nginx.

My theory is that the client might be using some kind of crack making the
request body too short for Content-Length header, so nginx waits more data
and ultimately fails at 60 seconds timeout.

I tried to add few more log options, like $content_length and
$request_length, however, the $request_length includes all the header and
body length, thus  can not get actuall body length.

Does nginx provide variables like $request_header_length  and
$request_body_length?

Thanks in advance!

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,240681,240681#msg-240681