Why Nginx Doesn't Implement FastCGI Multiplexing?

momyc nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Jul 20 05:23:32 UTC 2013

What do you mean by "stop readning"? Oh, you just stop checking if anything
is ready for reading. I see. Well, this is rude flow control I'd say.
Proxied server could unexpectedly drop connection because it would think
Nginx is dead.

There is a nice feature I don't remember how exactly it's called when some
content could be buffered on Nginx (in proxy mode) and there is strict limit
of how much could be buffered and when it goes to file. This is what could
be used for that case. If buffer overflow happens close client, abort
backend, drop records for that request. Keep connection and keep receiving
and de-multiplexing records for good requests.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,237158,241062#msg-241062