Limit_rate for different resolutions !!

shahzaib shahzaib shahzaib.cb at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 08:47:57 UTC 2013

Hello,

     Following two are the file types whom i want to assign different
rate_limits :

http://domain.com/files/videos/2013/07/20/137430161313bb6-360.mp4  --->
limit_rate 180k;
http://domain.com/files/videos/2013/07/20/137430161313bb6-720.mp4 -->
limit_rate 500;

Following is the virtualhost config :

server {
        listen  80;
        server_name  domain.com;

        client_max_body_size 800m;
        limit_rate 180k;
    #    access_log  /websites/theos.in/logs/access.log  main;

        location / {
            root   /var/www/html/videos;
            index index.html index.htm index.php;

}

location ~ \.(flv|jpg|jpeg)$ {
                flv;
                root /var/www/html/videos;
               expires 7d;
                valid_referers none blocked domain.com;
                if ($invalid_referer) {
                    return   403;
location ~ \.(mp4)$ {
                mp4;
                root /var/www/html/videos;
                expires 7d;
}

Can you please guide me a bit that how to configure the specific limit_rate
in different location{} blocks? I am a bit confused on it :(

Thanks