Not listing proxy_pass port 8009

imran_kh nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jul 23 16:39:01 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am using Nginx web server and getting error “502 bad gateway” while
accessing some sites.
I have observed that, proxy_pass port is not listing in the server.

e.g.:- In above configuration example.com is running on port 80 and
proxy_pass localhost is running on port 8009.
Port 80 is listing perfectly but port 8009 is not listing because of this
reason example.com is not working. Please suggest me on this.

server {
    listen        80;
    server_name example.com;

   location / {
        proxy_pass    http://localhost:8009;
        send_timeout 6000;
        proxy_read_timeout 120;
        proxy_connect_timeout 120;
        proxy_set_header Host $host;
        proxy_set_header X-Forward-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

Thanks,
Imran Khan.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,241157,241157#msg-241157