SPDY + proxy cache static content failures

spdyg nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Jul 24 11:36:20 UTC 2013

David Gwynne Wrote:
> i am also experiencing this problem running 1.4.2.

Hi David.  The response I got from my Valentin off-list was that there is a
known incompatibility with SPDY and proxy cache, due to the way proxy cache
will kill the connection to prevent it sending the body response (but before
it has had a chance to finish dealing with all the SPDY requests, I think).

Only solution now is to either disable SPDY or proxy cache (I went with
SPDY, of course).

I wonder if a note in the documentation might be in order to say there are
known issues.

There is supposed to be a rewrite coming for proxy cache that will help, but
not sure when it is likely to appear.

Phil

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,233497,241193#msg-241193