[ANNOUNCE] Tengine-1.5.0 is released

Weibin Yao yaoweibin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 13:35:34 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

We are excited to announce that Tengine-1.5.0 (stable version) has been
You can either checkout the source code from github:
https://github.com/alibaba/tengine or download the tar ball directly:

This is the latest stable version of Tengine, in which we have added the
non-buffering request body mechanism (Nginx has to buffer the whole
request body before sending to a backend. And in some cases, Nginx has
to save the request body to disk). This feature could reduce disk IO and
system load greatly for uploading services.

The ABI compatibility verification of DSO has been introduced. And we
also added the trim module which could be used to remove white spaces
and comments to decrease the size of a page.

The full change log follows below:

    *) Feature: added ABI compatibility verification for DSO modules.

    *) Feature: added non-buffering request body mechanism. Now the http
       and fastcgi module can send requests to backend servers when it
       part of a request body. (yaoweibin)

    *) Feature: added trim module which can remove unnecessary white spaces
       comments to reduce the size of a page. (taoyuanyuan)

    *) Feature: added the accept filter mechanism which supports to do some
       filter processing after accepting a new connection. (yzprofile)

    *) Feature: Now the server banner in a default error page can be
       by the string specified in server_tag. (zhuzhaoyuan)

    *) Bugfix: fixed the bug of the 'buffer' argument might be ignored in
       'access_log' directive. (cfsego)

    *) Bugfix: fixed the session_sticky module didn't issue the session
       in the direct mode. (dinic)

For those who don't know Tengine, it is a free and open source
distribution of Nginx with some advanced features. See our website for
more details: http://tengine.taobao.org

Have fun!

Weibin Yao
Developer @ Server Platform Team of Taobao