resolver does not re-resolve upstream servers after initial cache

Sergey K. lists at
Tue Jun 4 15:26:50 UTC 2013

Andrew Alexeev wrote in post #1083715:
> Dave,
> On Nov 9, 2012, at 1:14 PM, Dave Nolan wrote:
>>> If you want the flexibility of DNS resolving and safeguard yourself
>> else. I'm just interested in why it's not, and whether there are plans
>> to change it. We might be interested in sponsoring this work.
> That's the current (and maybe already "legacy") design of nginx upstream
> configuration. Unfortunately there's no quick solution but we actually
> appreciate your feedback a lot and will try to incorporate a better
> upstream design in the future releases.

I was wondering if there were any updates on this in more recent nginx
versions (1.5.1 at the moment)?

This bug causes a lot of problems in cloud environments like AWS where
IPs can change at any moment.

Posted via