nginx proxy vs apache proxy

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at
Wed Jun 12 23:20:02 UTC 2013

> Nginx responses show (regardless of how I try to connect):
> Scheme: http
> Name:
> Port: 80
> [...]
> proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
> proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-By $server_addr:$server_port;
> proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
> proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;

Are you sure Apache uses exactly the same headers when passing
the request to the backend? Compare the frontend/backend traffic
with apache and nginx, and adjust the nginx configuration accordingly.

Nginx will do what you configure; but I guess the values above
are not really inspected by your backend.

> Guess it's back to Apache since it handles it readily and has AJP support.

Take a look at nginx_ajp_module: