Trouble adding /pma location to all virtual hosts

Francis Daly francis at
Thu Jun 27 23:08:18 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 12:55:22PM -0400, Ben Johnson wrote:
> On 6/27/2013 12:42 PM, Ben Johnson wrote:

Hi there,

> location ~* /pma {
>     return 301 /pma/;
> }
> With this block, the "main site" seems to function as expected, and all
> of the redirects that I identified previously work as expected.
> Is this "incorrect" for any reason?

If what you have works, it is correct enough.

Generally, the advice is that top-level (non-nested) regex locations
are bad because they tend to need more thinking when adding yet more

If you don't intend to add more locations, then this badness is

Francis Daly        francis at