GPG error on Nginx repository - NO_PUBKEY

B.R. reallfqq-nginx at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 28 17:09:00 UTC 2013

Hello,

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Sergey Budnevitch <sb at waeme.net> wrote:

> On 28  Jun2013, at 10:15 , Phil Pennock <nginx+phil at spodhuis.org> wrote:
>
> > On 2013-06-27 at 11:41 -0400, B.R. wrote:
> >> The Nginx website's page <http://nginx.org/en/linux_packages.html> on
> Linux
> >> packages provides you with the key file address:
> >> http://nginx.org/en/linux_packages.html
> >
> > You mean:
> >  http://nginx.org/keys/nginx_signing.key

​You are right... Copy-paste trouble... :o)
​

> > (And if you import a file retrieved over plain http straight into your
> > trust anchors with no further verification, you have other problems).

​You are​ right, that what people *shall* do (and they also shall not pass).
However, I was merely summing up the steps provided before which were not
mentioning that either. But you're right: there is one step missing.

> We've added short explanation with links to gpg docs about how
> and why pgp signatures should be checked:
>
> http://nginx.org/en/linux_packages.html#signatures

​The link to Dewinter's website is broken.
Maybe would you like to replace it with
http://www.gnupg.org/documentation/howtos.en.html?​

---
*B. R.*