FastCGI cache has stopped working

Daniel15 nginx-forum at
Sun Mar 3 13:02:45 UTC 2013

Maxim Dounin Wrote:
> In ths particular case I would suggest there is another caching
> layer, which results in cached "X-Cache: MISS" being returned.
> Note that Expires and Last-Modified are the same, and
> X-ExecutionTime headers match exactly:

Yeah, for that particular page there's another caching layer in the app
itself. The X-Cache header is added by Nginx, however (tested this by
renaming it in my Nginx configuration).

Try instead - This file does not have another
caching layer, and you can see the Last-Modified and Expires headers
changing on every request.

As far as I can tell, this is a bug in Nginx (looks like it's not parsing
the Expires date correctly if the day is a single digit) and I've raised it
in Trac: