Translating an F5 rule

Jeffrey 'jf' Lim jfs.world at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 15:11:17 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 10:43 PM, Peter Booth <Peter_Booth at s5a.com> wrote:
> The code does the following:
>
> 1. remove an HTTP header named "SWSSLHDR"
> 2. replaces it with SWSSLHDR: port, where the port is the local port of
> the "current context's TCP connection", presumably the port that your F5
> virtual server is listening on.

"when HTTP_REQUEST" is actually client-side, so the port in question
would be the port on the backend server that it proxies to. Seems kind
of strange to even pass this info along, unless somehow your backends
are all listening on different ports. Whatever the case, this is what
it actually means.

-jf