jpeg image quality is bad

Praveen Yarlagadda praveen.yarlagadda at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 04:44:59 UTC 2013

Hi there!

I'm playing around with nginx and I'm running into a problem related to
image uploading. I have nginx as a load balancer and java server (jetty,
spring based) as the backend server. When I upload an image (JPEG) using
POST method via nginx, the quality gets dropped a lot. Please take a look
at the attached image. If I upload it directly to the backend server, it
gets saved properly.  Am I missing anything in the conf file? I really
appreciate your help. Here is my nginx.conf.

*http {*
*    include       /etc/nginx/mime.types;*
*    default_type  application/octet-stream;*
*
*
*    #access_log  /dev/null  main;*
*    access_log  /data/logs/nginx/access.log  main;*
*    log_not_found off;*
*
*
*    sendfile        on;*