fastcgi-cache and expires

Ian M. Evans ianevans at digitalhit.com
Sat Mar 30 10:36:13 UTC 2013

Just curious...

In a lot of examples I've seen on the net for setting up fastcgi-cache the
directives

fastcgi_ignore_headers Cache-Control Expires;
expires epoch;

are included. Is there any major reason for that? For my own setup I want
the fastcgi caching to reduce load on the server, but I'd also like to
perhaps fine tune the browser caching with expires headers for some pages.

Before I change it, is there any huge reason "fastcgi_ignore_headers
Cache-Control Expires;" and "expires epoch;" should stay in my
fastcgi-params file?

Thanks.