Nginx maintenance page/redirect with ip exception

cavamondo nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Mar 30 14:45:17 UTC 2013

Coming fra Apache/htaccess, im trying to get my head around the Nginx
paradigme. Im trying to achieve a temporary redirect to a
www.mysite.com/maintenance.html page, for all visitors to www.mysite.com
except visitors coming from IP:xx.xx.xx.xx.wich should have fuul access to
the site.

I know how to achieve this with htaccess, but this doesnt applya to Nginx. I
have tried different suggestions on modding nginx.conf, default.conf and
mysite.cong file. I using virtual host and my site conf is placed in:
/etc/nginx/sites-available/

Any simple solution to redirect all visitors except visitors defined by IP?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,237978,237978#msg-237978