Nginx maintenance page/redirect with ip exception

cavamondo nginx-forum at
Sat Mar 30 14:45:17 UTC 2013

Coming fra Apache/htaccess, im trying to get my head around the Nginx
paradigme. Im trying to achieve a temporary redirect to a page, for all visitors to
except visitors coming from IP:xx.xx.xx.xx.wich should have fuul access to
the site.

I know how to achieve this with htaccess, but this doesnt applya to Nginx. I
have tried different suggestions on modding nginx.conf, default.conf and
mysite.cong file. I using virtual host and my site conf is placed in:

Any simple solution to redirect all visitors except visitors defined by IP?