Howto set geoip_country for IPv4 and IPv6 databases?

Rancor nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed May 1 09:14:46 UTC 2013

Ruslan Ermilov Wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 09:03:20AM -0400, Rancor wrote:
>
> nginx detects the IPv6 support in libgeoip by trying to compile
> the following code snippet:
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <GeoIP.h>
>
> int
> main(void)
> {
>         printf("%d\n", GEOIP_CITY_EDITION_REV0_V6);
>         return (0);
> }
>
> Does it compile OK on your system?

Hi,

thanks again for your reply. The code above doesn't compile on my system:

test.c: In function ‘main’:
test.c:7: error: ‘GEOIP_CITY_EDITION_REV0_V6’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
test.c:7: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
test.c:7: error: for each function it appears in.)

Seems that the libgeoip1 in debian squeeze in version 1.4.7~beta6+dfsg-1
doesn't support this. Will test this again when wheezy is released at the
next weekend.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,235108,238763#msg-238763