[ANNOUNCE] Tengine-1.4.5 is released

Weibin Yao yaoweibin at gmail.com
Wed May 1 15:19:39 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

We are glad to announce that Tengine-1.4.5 (development version) has been
released. You can either checkout the source code from github:
https://github.com/alibaba/tengine or download the tarball directly:
http://tengine.taobao.org/download/tengine-1.4.5.tar.gz

In this release, we have added the consistent_hash module which dispatches
requests to upstream servers based on consistent hashing algorithm
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consistent_hashing).  It is better than the
ip_hash module, by decreasing the possibility of hash key to be remapped
when the number of servers changes.

We also introduced the "keepalive_timeout" directive to set timeout for the
upstream keepalive connections. It can reduce the sum of idle connections
with backend servers.

Two new configure script options '--enable-mods-shared=all' and
'--enable-mods-static=all' were added. Now you can compile all the modules
to be shared or static.

The full changelog is as follows:

*) Feature: added the consistent_hash module which dispatches requests to
upstream servers based on consistent hashing algorithm of a variable
specified.
(dinic)
*) Feature: added the "keepalive_timeout" directive to set timeout for
upstream keepalive connections. (jinglong)
*) Feature: now the configure script supports compilation of all modules to
be
shared or static. (monadbobo)
*) Change: updated the Lua module to 0.7.19. (jinglong)
*) Change: merged the changes of Nginx-1.2.8. (yaoweibin)
*) Bugfix: fixed the compile warnings of syslog and upstream_check modules.
(magicbear)

For those who don't know Tengine, it is a free and open source distribution
of
Nginx with some advanced features. See our website for more details:
http://tengine.taobao.org

Have fun!

--
Weibin Yao