HTTP Basic Auth question

B.R. reallfqq-nginx at
Wed May 1 17:17:41 UTC 2013

To pass the nginx user to a fastcgi backend (PHP), I have to explicitly
specify it using the following directive:
fastcgi_param   MY_USER      $remote_user;

I suppose you can do the same with proxy_pass?
I dunno how to remove an automatically forwarded parameter though... Maybe
overwriting it with an empty string?
*B. R.*