Question about UPSTREAM configuration...

lflacayo nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed May 1 17:30:14 UTC 2013

Hello All,

Hope some one out there can help me a clear up my understanding.

If I have 5 server on an upstream configuration list, to help load balance
the load across the 5 servers.   Once in a while I am seen  "(110:
Connection timed out) while connecting to upstream".  Now what I am not
clear on  is that message as a result of trying all the servers on the
upstream list or after failing on a single entry on the upstream list?  if
it is a single server then it should transfer the request to the next server
on the list, right?

Thank you.

Luis

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,238770,238770#msg-238770