Nginx 1.4 problem

Maxim Dounin mdounin at
Wed May 1 17:40:09 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 10:13:34AM -0700, Alder Network wrote:

>   Tried to upgrade to just-released Nginx1.4. TCP 3-way hand-shake
> aborted by server's ACK+RST packet, but netstat shows server
> is listening on that port. Any config has been changed since Nginx 1.2
> to 1.4 in this regard?

There are lots of changes in 1.4.0 compared to 1.2.x, see

In this particular case I would recommend checking if nginx is
listening on the port, the address, and the protocol in question.
Note that since 1.3.4 ipv6only listen option is on by default, and
if you have

    listen [::]:80;

in your config, it no longer implies IPv4 addresses regardless of
your OS settings.

Maxim Dounin