understanding break and add_header combo

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu May 2 20:30:43 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 11:53:12AM -0400, flarik wrote:

Hi there,

>   location ~ ^/assets/ {

>   location ~* \.(ttf|ttc|otf|eot|woff)$ {

> Now the add_header stuff for webfonts is never set, and I do not understand
> why break has a part in this. When I remove break; it works,
> when i put the font location stuff before location ~^/assets/ it also
> works.

What request do you make? What response do you get? What response do
you expect?

In nginx, one request is handled in one location. So I expect that no more
than one set of add_header directives will apply. And as you only show
regex locations, if the first one matches then it is the one that is used.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org