Nginx 1.4 problem

James Cloos cloos at
Mon May 6 17:58:40 UTC 2013

LT> Hi Jim,
>> Everything else sees conenctions to anything in

LT> Not sure what you mean by everything else, but I don't think
LT> thats the case.

Some time ago a message on debian-devel noted that deb was going to start
defaulting to bindv6only=1.  What is your /proc/sys/net/ipv6/bindv6only?

While looking into this, I found that, when given ::1, nc(1) explicitly
listens to both ::1 and ::ffff:  (Although it has a bug which
causes it to close all v4 connections right after accept(2)ing them. :)

My expectation was that it would work, but it seems some applications
force it to work by Doing What I Mean behind my back. :)

Evidently I'm going to have to write a test app to confirm things.

Probably later today.

James Cloos <cloos at>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6