Mono + nginx (OpenBSD 5.3)

Jonathan Matthews contact at jpluscplusm.com
Mon May 6 18:26:37 UTC 2013

On 6 May 2013 18:47, Gee <g.plumb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am having trouble getting Mono to work with nginx.  I installed my OS
> (OpenBSD 5.3) and set up ports.  I built mono, mono-xsp and nginx - all
> without incident.  All three appear to be working OK, but not in
> conjunction.
>
> I am trying to run the default MVC3 web app, but keep getting a 502 (Bad
> gateway).  In the log, I see the following:
>
> [crit] 31764#0: *1 connect() to unix:/tmp/fastcgi.socket failed (2: No such
> file or directory) while connecting to upstream,

I vaguely recall seeing this when running some Mono stuff behind a
local nginx proxy. I moved off the project before seeing how people
fixed it, but ISTR that it was a permissions issue.

As a *test*(!), chmod 777 /tmp/fastcgi.socket *and*restart*everything*.
That's obviously not a fix, but it'll at least show you if you're
heading in the right direction.

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Matthews // Oxford, London, UK