403 Forbidden error with Mediawiki

B.R. reallfqq-nginx at yahoo.fr
Wed May 8 12:33:07 UTC 2013

Why would Nginx automatically redirect mydomain.com do mydomain.com/w/ if
you don't tell it to do so?

Your error log shows that you are trying to list the files of your root
directory (so it means you don't have an index file to be served there),
which is forbidden by default Nginx configuration to avoid unwanted
directory listings (which is a great idea, as opposed to Apache's defaults).

Try to include a redirection (see the rewrite directive
configuration<http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_rewrite_module.html#rewrite>)
so that all your requests to your domain root are forwarded to the /w/
subdirectory.
---
*B. R.*