Disable automatic urlencoding with proxy_pass

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu May 9 22:43:15 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 05:37:26AM -0400, lupin wrote:

Hi there,

>  Any way to disable urlencode on nginx with proxy_pass? Following is my
> config and as suggested on google I already removed the "/" URI part of
> of this "proxy_pass  http://127.0.0.1:8090;"

Why do you think that urlencode is or is not disabled?

When I test with a similar (but http-only) config, I see the normalised
(= decoded) url passed when I use "proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:10080/;",
and the original (= not-decoded) url passed when I use "proxy_pass
http://127.0.0.1:10080;", exactly as per http://nginx.org/r/proxy_pass.

What precisely do you do to see something other than that?

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org