JavaScript and CSS minifiers questions

dcreatorx nginx-forum at
Mon May 13 05:56:53 UTC 2013

Hi, I'm trying to set up JavasCript and CSS minify via the CPAN modules. I'm
using debian 6 64 bit squeeze. I have compiled Nginx with perl module,
installed all build dependencies before compiling, downloaded CPAN JS minify
and CSS minify, compiled and installed them. When I run Nginx in debug mode,
there seems to be no noticeable error on the perl module side in the logs.
But there is a problem : When I run Nginx with those two modules enabled,
the CSS and JavasCript on the site disappear. Looks like if the perl scripts
worked but the server doesn't serve the compressed & cached version back.
The only problem I'm being able to see is that when I do execute

perl /usr/local/nginx/perl/

The following output comes out :

Can't load '/usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1/auto/nginx/' for module
nginx: /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1/auto/nginx/ undefined symbol:
ngx_http_core_module at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/ line 70.
 at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1/ line 56
Compilation failed in require at line 2.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at line 2.

I am not sure anymore what could be wrong, any help with this will be much