[1.4.1] Finding docroot directory?

Shohreh nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon May 13 10:56:11 UTC 2013

Hello

I'm running Nginx 1.4.1 on an appliance running Debian 6, and can't find
from which directory Nginx is serving files.

According to /etc/nginx.conf, the location for "/" is "root   /var/www;",
but even renaming the default index.html still displays the familiar
"Welcome to nginx!".

After using "apt-get upgrade" to upgrade from 1.2.? to 1.4.1, I ran
"/etc/init.d/nginx restart" just in case, but it made no difference.

Is there a way to have Nginx tell from where it's serving files?

Thank you.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,239114,239114#msg-239114