valid_referers dynamic hostname nginx-forum at
Sat May 18 17:31:50 UTC 2013

Sorry for posting here - don't know for sure if it's the right place.

I have an issue:

1) I use nginx as reverse proxy, but I don't always know the domain name for
which I'm serving, so my setup looks like this:

server_name  _ $host;

2) I try to block invalid referers but when I try to add $host to
valid_referers - it doesn't seem to work:

valid_referers none blocked server_names $host ~\.google\. ~\.yahoo\.
~\.bing\. ~\.ask\. ~\.live\. ~\\. ;

How can I make this work?
Also please note that I don't know regexp.

Kind regards,