NGINX error log format documentation

Jan Teske jan.teske at gmail.com
Thu May 23 18:47:42 UTC 2013

Hey!

I want to parse NGINX error logs. However, I did not find any
documentation concerning the used log format. While the meaning of some
fields like the data is pretty obvious, for some it is not at all. In
addition, I cannot be sure that my parser is complete if I do not have a
documentation of all the possible fields. Since it seems you can change
the access log format, but not that of the error log, I really have no
idea how to get the information I need.

Is there such documentation?

I also posted this question on StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16711573/nginx-error-log-format-documentation/16711684

Thank you!