1.4.1 SPDY error FIXME: chain too big in spdy filter

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Thu May 30 15:16:03 UTC 2013

On Thursday 30 May 2013 05:32:51 ctrlbrk wrote:
> What is the maximum amount of the buffer?

Currently the total amount of operational buffers cannot exceed 2^24 - 1
bytes (in other words must be less than 16 MiB).

> I could not locate any documentation on any of this with regards to how it
would cause an error on SPDY.

There is more then one way to trigger this error.  The documentation just
states that the module is experimental.

When you are using an experimental module that implements experimental
protocol draft then you have to be ready for any kind of errors, and not
only caused by the module itself, but in browsers too.

Though you are probably right, and this drawback should be documented
somehow explicitly.

> And doesn't "FIXME" indicate this is a bug?  Why would it be in the code
> otherwise?

That part of code lacks chain/buffer splitting mechanism as well as the
DATA frame adjusting feature.  It will be implemented, but we have no
ETA for this yet.

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev

--
http://nginx.org/en/donation.html