problem setting up certificate

Scott Ribe scott_ribe at
Fri May 31 18:40:17 UTC 2013

I'm getting this error after installing the certificate & key:

[emerg] 809#0: SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file("/paging/site/config/server.key") failed (SSL: error:0B080074:x509 certificate routines:X509_check_private_key:key values mismatch)

I've tried this twice, (started over with a new csr, thinking I had screwed up and used the wrong key or something), and am still getting the error. I've double-checked to make sure that nginx is using the config file I expect, and that it specifies the correct locations for the cert & key.

How should I proceed in trouble-shooting this?

Scott Ribe
scott_ribe at
(303) 722-0567 voice