proxy_pass not passing to dynamic $host

nehay2j nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Nov 1 16:29:24 UTC 2013

Thanks Francis. I was able to get past this issue. Appreciate all the help.

Now I am stuck at forwarding the POST parameters to this proxy server.

proxy_pass http://$1:8080/clarity;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
proxy_read_timeout 300;
proxy_connect_timeout 300;
proxy_redirect     off;
#proxy_set_header   Host              $host;
proxy_set_header   X-Real-IP         $remote_addr;
#proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

If I uncomment 'proxy_set_header   Host' and 'proxy_set_header
X-Forwarded-For' it ends into 404 error. Otherwise it rewrites and proxies
fine but doesnt pass the POST parameter.

Regards,
Neha

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,244308,244357#msg-244357