Help needed with config

Francis Daly francis at
Mon Nov 4 19:01:37 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 05:37:15PM +0000, Ian Hobson wrote:

Hi there,

> I'm baffled. What I want to do is to serve static and php files from one
> root if they exist there, and
> from another if they don't, and give a 404 error if the file is in
> neither location. I have the following config file.

> It gives me "No input file specified. " for *all* inputs - and I mean
> all. Files in $centralroot,
> files in $resellerroot, files in neither, static files, and php files.
> Why?   What am I doing silly???

Not using that config file, that server block, or that nginx?

> I'm using nginx 1.2.6, compiled with the Comet module included.

$ sbin/nginx -V
nginx version: nginx/1.2.6
built by gcc 4.4.5 (Debian 4.4.5-8)
configure arguments: --with-debug --add-module=../nginx_http_push_module-0.692/

it happily serves local files and php scripts for me.

What does the debug log say is happening, when you use "curl" to access
one specific url?

Francis Daly        francis at