multiple ssl certificates within single server {} block

Richard Kearsley richard at kearsley.me
Tue Nov 5 13:30:38 UTC 2013

Hi

I was wondering if there's any way to have a configuration like this?

     server
     {
         listen 80;
         listen 443 ssl;

         ssl_certificate     www.example.com.cer;
         ssl_certificate_key www.example.com.key;
         ssl_certificate     www.test.com.cer;
         ssl_certificate_key www.test.com.key;
         ssl_certificate     www.something.com.cer;
         ssl_certificate_key www.something.com.key;

         location /
         {
             # lots of config here
             # which I really don't want to duplicate

I want to avoid duplicating server blocks since they will have exactly
the same location configurations below them
and I want to avoid using server_name since my server handles requests
from lots of different domain names
It would need to use SNI - only a single ip for all domains

maybe having the server name as part of the "ssl_certificate" line would
be quite elegant:

         ssl_certificate     www.example.com.cer server=www.example.com;
         ssl_certificate_key www.example.com.key server=www.example.com;

Thanks