[ANN] ngx_openresty stable version 1.4.3.4 released

Yichun Zhang (agentzh) agentzh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 06:12:40 UTC 2013

Hello folks!

I am happy to announce that the new stable version of ngx_openresty,
1.4.3.4, is now released:

    http://openresty.org/#Download

Special thanks go to my employer, CloudFlare, for supporting the
development of OpenResty (and also LuaJIT!).

The following components are bundled in this version:

 *   LuaJIT-2.0.2

 *   array-var-nginx-module-0.03rc1

 *   auth-request-nginx-module-0.2

 *   drizzle-nginx-module-0.1.6

 *   echo-nginx-module-0.49

 *   encrypted-session-nginx-module-0.03

 *   form-input-nginx-module-0.07

 *   headers-more-nginx-module-0.23

 *   iconv-nginx-module-0.10

 *   lua-5.1.5

 *   lua-cjson-1.0.3

 *   lua-rds-parser-0.05

 *   lua-redis-parser-0.10

 *   lua-resty-dns-0.10

 *   lua-resty-lock-0.01

 *   lua-resty-memcached-0.12

 *   lua-resty-mysql-0.14

 *   lua-resty-redis-0.17

 *   lua-resty-string-0.08

 *   lua-resty-upload-0.09

 *   lua-resty-websocket-0.02

 *   memc-nginx-module-0.13

 *   nginx-1.4.3

 *   ngx_coolkit-0.2rc1

 *   ngx_devel_kit-0.2.19

 *   ngx_lua-0.9.2

 *   ngx_postgres-1.0rc3

 *   rds-csv-nginx-module-0.05

 *   rds-json-nginx-module-0.12

 *   redis-nginx-module-0.3.6

 *   redis2-nginx-module-0.10

 *   set-misc-nginx-module-0.22

 *   srcache-nginx-module-0.24

 *   xss-nginx-module-0.04

Just a quick heads-up: I've been working on the LuaJIT 2.1 support and
the new FFI-based API for ngx_lua, which is in the form of the
lua-resty-core library: https://github.com/agentzh/lua-resty-core .
I'm going to upgrade the LuaJIT engine bundled in OpenResty to the
latest v2.1 version and include lua-resty-core in the next mainline
release if everything goes well. Then we'd expect a significant
speedup in many nontrivial Lua apps running on OpenResty. I've already
observed about 70% ~ 80% overall speedup for our real-world Lua WAF
system with this new setup when loading the server by simplest GET
requests. And there's still plenty of room for future speedup by
JITting even more hot Lua code paths! ;)

OpenResty is a web app server powered by Nginx and Lua. Both the
standard Lua 5.1 interpreter and LuaJIT 2.0 are supported.

See http://openresty.org for more details.

Enjoy!
-agentzh