will request_uri get passed from cookieless server to 403 page on main server?

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Sat Nov 23 21:03:17 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 12:55:09PM -0500, Ian Evans wrote:
> On 19/11/2013 4:31 AM, Francis Daly wrote:

Hi there,

> > *If* that php is set to always return cookies, then you might want to
> > run a separate php-fpm that does not return cookies for the static
> > site. But that's a side issue.
> Still experimenting with this...
> What setting stops the php-fpm from not returning cookies?

By "return" here, I meant "generate a new one if the request did not
include one".

It should be a php configuration, probably involving "session", possibly

> Is it 'fastcgi_ignore_headers'?

No, but you could probably "fastcgi_hide_header Set-Cookie;", if your
fastcgi server insists on sending that header.

I don't know if it is sufficient to try in nginx -- Set-Cookie probably
comes with some "please do not cache" headers that you would want to
remove as well, if they aren't otherwise needed.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org