[ANNOUNCE] ngx_shared_env_module

aschlosberg nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Oct 1 07:49:44 UTC 2013

I have decided to release an in-house module that I have been using for my
hosting company. A full explanation of the goals of the module is available
in the README.

https://github.com/aschlosberg/ngx-shared-env

I am well aware that this module introduces (minor) additional per-request
overheads. However, experience has shown them to be far superior to the
alternative of Apache whilst allowing the freedom to run a shared
environment without constantly restarting the nginx. As my knowledge of the
inner workings of nginx is not as sophisticated as that of others I welcome
feedback regarding optimisation.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,243296,243296#msg-243296