Getting forward secrecy enabled

Sergey Budnevitch sb at
Thu Oct 3 12:36:41 UTC 2013

On 2  Oct2013, at 15:08 , Vahan Yerkanian <vahan at> wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2013, at 9:57 AM, justin <nginx-forum at> wrote:
>> I don't compile nginx, I get it from the official CentOS repo:
>> [nginx]
>> name=nginx repo
>> baseurl=$basearch/
>> gpgcheck=0
>> enabled=1
> That's your problem, that version doesn't support ECDHE.

nginx itself has no ciphers support, it depend on openssl.
RHEL/CentOS version of openssl lacks elliptic curve ciphers,
it is explicitly striped from rpm (,
and ECDHE is unavailable on RHEL/CentOS with default openssl.
So either change/rebuild openssl rpm, rebuild nginx with
statically linked openssl or use another linux distribution.

You could list and check available ciphers by:
openssl cipher -v