nginx reverse proxy odd 301 redirect

izghitu nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Oct 5 22:16:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have latest nginx which I am using as a reverse proxy for an application
of mine running on apache on another server. The nginx config is like this:
upstream upstreamname {
     server ip:port;

location / {
    proxy_pass http://upstreamname;
    proxy_redirect off;
    proxy_set_header    Host    $host;
    proxy_set_header    X-Real-IP    $remote_addr;
    proxy_set_header    X-Forwarded-For   $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

So my problem appears with a certain change password script new users must
use when they login first time after their username was created.

If I use apache directly then the change password script works fine. If I do
it using nginx as reverse proxy then at the point where I press the submit
button and the POST should happen, I can't see the POST hitting the apache
backend(no entry in access log) but I can see an odd 301 redirect with the
POST request to the script in the nginx access log.

Any idea of what could be the cause? Anything I am doing wrong?

Please help
Thanks

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,243458,243458#msg-243458